Customer contact information (e.g. phone numbers, addresses, emails, etc.) is notoriously volatile and difficult to maintain at high accuracy levels. Experts estimate that 2% of records in a CRM database become obsolete each month due to customers dying, divorcing, marrying or moving.
Data hygiene techniques must be implemented to ensure the highest level of data quality. The best way to tackle this is to find a data quality provider whose core competency is in data hygiene. For example, StrikeIron can handle and cleanse customer data obtained from point-of-sale, website, call center, social media, survey, email, etc.
Look for a data validation partner like StrikeIron that takes into account the following:
• Existence: whether the organization has the data
• Validity: whether the data values fall within an acceptable range or domain
• Consistency: whether the same piece of data stored in multiple locations contains the same values
• Integrity: completeness of relationships between data elements and across data sets
• Accuracy: whether the data describes the properties of the object it is meant to model
• Relevance: whether the data is the appropriate data to support the business objectives
Data quality solutions and processes should attempt to improve the accuracy and completeness of the information your organization receives. This involves cleansing and transforming data by removing inaccuracies and standardizing on
While you know and understand your data better than anyone else, a third-party can be very beneficial in adding value. StrikeIron can validate the data before or after it is entered into your database. The former is better in preventing errors at the source. The end-result is high-quality customer data in your database, ensuring increased revenue/cost reduction.